© 2022. All rights reserved by ECS | Developed by JafferJamal
ECS’s entry into rural healthcare started with the establishment of the health centre at Longpang in 2009. Two years later in 2011, an MOU was signed between the Dept. of Health and Family Welfare, the Government of Nagaland and ECS, and the community to convert the health centre into the first PPP mode PHC in the state. NHM supports the manpower, facilities, and peripheral services of the center.
The 20 bedded center provides round the clock services and is equipped with all the essential diagnostic facilities. The center provides 24 x 7 health care services and facilities such as X-ray, Ultrasound, ECG, CBC, and biochemistry analyzers and a mother-child centre with a fully functional labor room with its independent portable ultrasound machine and essential neonatal resuscitation equipment.
The PHC is also empanelled unit under the Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), a health insurance scheme that provides cover up to 5 lacs.
The PHC is also a health and wellness centre under the state health department, with a dedicated wellness room, and has been awarded the Kayakalp Award for the third consecutive years.
Facilities at the PHC:
• Ultrasound machine
• ECG machine
• Well-equipped labour room with maternal and neonatal resuscitation
• Free ambulance services for pregnant women
• Pharmacy with all the essential drugs
• ILR (ice lined refrigerator) and deep freezer for vaccine storage and carriage. The centre is a recognized cold chain point for the area
• The lab has installed a CBC analyzer and a biochemistry analyzer and can perform KFT, LFT, Lipid profile and complete blood check, etc without having to travel to places like Mon or Tuensang. Other tests such as malaria, HIV, Hep b, VDRL, hemoglobin, blood group, ESR, RBS, Sputum AFB, and urine dipstick examination
• 4 Oxygen concentrators and 2 oxygen cylinders
• Water treatment facility that supplies clean drinking water
• 24 hours generator services – In the event of power failure, it is powered by a 30kV generator.